In 1858 a group of eight undergraduates formed a secret society at Bethany college. They wrote a constitution, devised a ritual, designed a membership badge, and established a motto for the purpose of their club. These eight men founded Delta Tau Delta Fraternity.
Today Delta Tau Delta is an international fraternity consisting of 129 undergraduate chapters and colonies, 5,000 undergraduate members, and over 130,000 total initiates. The fraternity promotes a future of excellence that crosses many lifestyles, international backgrounds, financial conditions, and religious beliefs.
- I BELIEVE in Delta Tau Delta for the education of youth and the inspiration of maturity so that I may better learn and live the truth.
- I BELIEVE in Delta Tau Delta as a shrine of international brotherhood: her cornerstone friendship, her foundation conscience, her columns aspiration, her girders self-restraint, her doorway opportunity, her windows understanding, her buttresses loyalty, her strength the Everlasting Arms.
- I BELIEVE in Delta Tau Delta as an abiding influence to help me do my work, fulfill my obligations, maintain my self-respect, and bring about that happy life wherein I may more truly love my fellow men, serve my country, and obey my God.
Long Term Accomplishments
- We Create Opportunities For Our Members to Learn and Live Lives of Excellence
- Our Chapters' Operations and Programs Reflect Our Commitment to Excellence
- We Are a Growing Organization
- Our Membership is Committed to Life Long Involvement in the Fraternity
- We Are an Academic Leader in the Fraternity World
- We Are a Financially Vital Organization
- We Are a Seamless Organization